25 Resources for Online Learning During COVID-19
This is a list of free/reduced cost resources I have put together for online and remote learning! The list is broken down by approximate age range with some resources fitting multiple categories. There are tons more out there, but these are resources I personally researched and believe they can provide some value for you during this time. At the time of publishing all links were live, but this may change over time.
Note: Some of these resources are free trials only available amidst school closures so please keep that in mind in terms of billing!
1. Audible Stories
Offering free audio books (like Harry Potter & many literary classics) for as long as schools are closed
2. Smithsonian Museum Coloring Book
Museums digitized their collections to offer free coloring pages (great for learning about history & culture through a creative outlet)
3. Disney Codeillusion (14 Day Free Access)
Online coding classes (125 lessons) featuring Disney classics!
4. PBS Learning Media
Offering lessons and discussion questions in many different subjects (from math to civics) broken down by age range
5. Scholastic Learn From Home
Resources for families, teachers, and students (lessons broken down by grade level)
6. Girls Who Code (Code at Home)
GWC is releasing weekly activities at varying levels of difficulty (includes online and offline activities)
7. Adobe Digital Coloring Book
Download coloring pages to get started with Creative Cloud or print to color on paper!
8. Khan Academy
Resources, lesson plans, and instructional videos for all ages (also on YouTube)
9. The College Board (resources for AP testing)
Offering online support to advanced placement students for stay at home study
10. Amazon Future Engineers Program (free CS courses)
Offering free computer science resources broken down by grade level
11. Microsoft Teams Software
Offering a free collaboration hub for students to stay connected!
12. Canva for Education
User-friendly graphic design tool
13. Amazon Web Services (AWS)
AWS has a free tier (trial) where you can learn in-demand skills and get some hands on experience
14. IBM (free digital education resources)
Offering free access to “IBM Skills” and “P-Tech”
15. Class Central: Ivy League Courses
Over 400 free online lectures and courses (from business to personal development)
16. Adobe Creative Cloud
Offering free temporary access/trial for students and teachers
17. LinkedIn Learning (free courses)
Courses for professionals and job seekers to help navigate COVID-19
18. Coursera Together (free courses)
Offering free courses on a variety of topics (broken down by both age range and interest areas)
19. Udemy (free courses)
Offering free and reduced cost courses on a variety of topics (from coding to photography)
Mental & Physical Health
20. Headspace: Offering free guided meditations (relaxation, sleep, & movement exercises)
21. Nike Training Club: Free workouts (offering free premium version)
22. Core Power Yoga: Free access to new weekly classes
23. Internet/Phone Service & Streaming Providers: Check with your providers to see if they are offering any additional free or reduced cost services in your area.
24. Gaming: Many games are currently being offered at reduced price or free!
25. Check out your local library's online resources: Borrow ebooks and access your digital library (link to Santa Clara County Library site below)
Thank you for reading, I hope some of these resources are useful for you!